Monday, January 9, 2012

Tool #3 Finding Online Video and Image Resources!

1. The video sites are very helpful; however, some of them are not particularly valuable to high school biology, but rather elementary.  I actually found more on YouTube and on the Discovery Education sites.  More biological concepts were located in these two.  I have some concerns that some videos might not be available for any extended period of time.

2.  Videos that I like.....

Check out this video.  It certainly puts a new face on evolution!

No more questions about DNA Replication, right?

3. I have wanted to set up a dropbox account for a long time, but I was not sure how to use it.  Thanks to Terri, I have one established.  As I looked at it, I realized that Google Docs actually is just as useful.  As a result, I suspect that I will most likely focus on Google.

4. I feel a sense of relief about copyright laws after researching some of the suggested sites.  I have learned that as long as I am using copyrighted materials in a secure location for educational purposes, that I am within my rights. Some sites that I use in my flipcharts are particularly helpful in explaining topics.  Whew!!!  I would hate quit using them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment